Another blog series complete and we have learned A LOT of great information! What have you learned? What was your favorite part?
To recap, when we began we were looking to answer several questions, including:
- Is there a difference between health coaching and wellness coaching? If so, what is the difference?
- What should the qualifications be for those providing these services?
- What are the risks and responsibilities involved?
- What should the patient/client expect to gain from enlisting such services?
Can you answer these questions now?
We also wanted to discuss the many attributes of health coaching, including:
- client-centered, self goal-directed process
- health-focused, evidence-based practice interventions for those with chronic conditions and/or moderate to high health risk(s)
- health teaching
- client autonomy
- client empowerment and self-discovery
- collaborative partnership
- client engagement
- motivational interviewing
- health outcomes measurement
- client accountability
- nurses most commonly cited as health coaches
- evaluating its effectiveness
Do you feel you know about each of these attributes now? We hope so!
We look forward to sharing another blog series with you soon!