Mindful Eating, or the purposeful attention you give to your hunger and satiety cues, is an effective tool for weight management. How else can it benefit you? Take a look!
- No more rigid dieting rules! No more calorie counting!
- No more good/bad feelings about certain foods or yourself for eating those foods!
- This practice fits well with other diet plans/programs and once in the maintenance stage, mindfulness can help you maintain long-term, healthy weight
- You will be able to enjoy eating again! Mindfulness helps you build a healthier relationship between your mind and body and your food
- You will have more time to enjoy other things in life besides eating
- No more “yo-yo” weight fluctuations! Your body will be willing and able to maintain a healthy, steady weight
- You will be free of self-sabotaging behaviors and thoughts
Now that you know the benefits, who wouldn’t want to eat mindfully?
Next week we will tell you how to eat mindfully!
Miller, C. & Huffman, M. (2013). Evidence-based Health Coaching for Healthcare Providers Program Manual (3rd