Well, it’s that time of year again! The kids are heading back to school for another full year of learning, making friends, and growing! To celebrate, we are doing a Back to School series for the next 10 days that will take you through the Evidence-Based Health Coaching Program Manual. This series will give you an overview of the entire program, as well as offer you tips, tricks and resources that can help you in your career, while showing you how we can help!
To start off with, let’s talk a little about Evidence-Based Health Coaching overall:
- Traditional approaches to patient care and teaching involves talking “at” the patient, rather than having more of a “we”approach and working with the client to improve his or her wellness through behavior change
- Health coaching engages and guides individuals and the practitioner works with the patient to set and achieve his or her goals
- This approach has seen better outcomes than traditional methods, including patient-based statistics, as well as decreases in claims costs and improved ROI for organizations.
- The partnership health coaching creates between the practitioner and the patient is key to the success of this approach
The National Society of Health Coaches believes that health coaching should:
- Be evidence-based
- View the patient/client as the true change agent
- Engage the patient/client in a partnership for health behavior change
- Guide self-management of chronic conditions and health risk
- Support prevention and wellness
- Guide safe, realistic goal-setting relative to condition
- Help improve health outcomes
- Reduce overall healthcare costs
Does this sound amazing for your patients, your staff, and your organization as a whole?! Look for Part 2 of our Back to School series tomorrow to learn more!
In the meantime, here’s a resource for those of you who own your own practice or want to start one!
Do you need guidance for starting or growing your business? Do you have a mentor? Now you can meet a business mentor for FREE! How? www.SCORE.org!
SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with more than 10,000 volunteers in 300 chapters. As a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE has helped more than 10 million entrepreneurs through mentoring, workshops and educational resources since 1964.
Go to https://www.score.org/find-mentor to find a free business mentor in your area and set up your first counseling appointment! Also, browse their website to see a wide-variety of free workshops they are hosting either online or in your area! What are you waiting for?!