Before you read this latest blog post, please start by reading our most recent blog written by NSHC Co-Founder Melinda Huffman, BSN, MSN, CCNS, CHC here: As a Health Coach, What Should My Average Caseload Be?
We will be focusing on the seven key factors discussed in that blog, with little diversions here and there, for this summer blog series!
Today, let’s dig deeper into the fifth and sixth factors, specifically certain wellness and prevention topics. When we talk about who needs health coaching and how many health coaches are needed, the key is to understanding what scenarios are especially effective with health coaching. Today and tomorrow we will specifically give some pointers about physical activity and health coaching! Today we will talk about physical activity recommendations by age:
- Ages 6 – 17
- Moderate or vigorous intensity activities – 1 hour or more every day
- Muscle-strengthening activities – 3 days per week
- Ages 18 and up
- Moderate activity – 2.5 hours per week OR 30 min a day; 5 days /wk
- Vigorous activity – 1.25 hours per week OR 10 minutes at a time equal to 75 min/wk
- Muscle Strengthening – Each major muscle group 2-3 days per week