What is Evidence-Based Health Coaching?
Skillful conversation and clinical interventions used to actively and safely engage patients in self-management of health conditions and health behavior change, with the goal to improve health, lower health risk and reduce overall costs.
What Evidence-Based Health Coaching is NOT…
Why has Evidence-Based Health Coaching Emerged?
- Traditional methods are not as effective as they could be
- Health Coaching engages the patient AND his/her family
- It improves outcomes
How does Evidence-Based Health Coaching Differ?
- Actively Listens
- Addresses Patient Concerns
- Gives Advice
- Provider “Does the Talking”
- Based on Provider’s Agenda
Want to know more? Come back next week for Part 2!